What would actually happen during a zombie apocalypse?
If a zombie outbreak were to actually happen, there would be many problems that would occur that might do unbelievable damage. Whether the crippling disaster was a zombie apocalypse or not, it would many of the same side effects.
- Communications would stop fairly quickly.Cell phones would essentially be useless in a matter of days or even hours. The first issue would be so many people calling at one time because of panic that the cell phone companies would get overwhelmed. If any calling was possible, it would be really slow. Not having a phone could be bad for not being able to reach loved ones or even be able to call 911. You must prepare for an alternate means of communication.
- Hospitals would be overwhelmed.Most hospitals would be flooded with patients and unable to treat everyone who comes in. Medicines would run out and would cause riots when people realize there is nothing left.
- Looting and violence would also be great, mainly because most the police force would either be gone or have too much to handle. It would come down to people panicking for supplies and would do anything to protect their supplies.
- The power would go out completely. Without people to run the power plants, there would be nationwide blackouts. This would be extremely hard to deal with in a crowded city where not many people could move without light.
- Basic utilities would be gone. Flushing the toilet or running the sink wouldn’t happen anymore, so anything involving power or water would be useless.
- The major issue would be the overall lack of supplies. There wouldn’t be many supplies left after several months of an outbreak. People tend to panic and take as much as possible, so grocery stores and medical stores would be empty and most likely dangerous to be in. Having a stockpile of food, flashlights, bullets, and medical supplies could mean the difference between life and death.
Although these would happen during a zombie outbreak, it’s important to realize that these things could happen during more realistic events such as a government shutdown or pandemic. Things such as the power failing are something that many people don’t consider when thinking about an event like this. Although just no power or water might not seem like a huge issue, the combination of issues over a period of time could get you- even if the zombies don’t.